These can be done for parents at annual parents’ evenings or meetings that have been arranged. These will address concerns that the parents and teachers raise and can be arranged by topic based on the concerns.
The following topics could be addressed:
- Cognitive difficulties
- Emotional difficulties
- Educational difficulties and disorders
- Neurodevelopmental delays
- Behavioural difficulties
- Eating disorders
- Bereavement and death
Feedback and Parental Support
- Feedback is arranged with the parents monthly or more frequently if needed. This is done to discuss their child’s progress in therapy.
- It is also done to discuss findings in the assessment and to advise the parents on possible interventions.
- It involves supporting the family in order to help support the child
- It gives the parents or family space to express their feelings and concerns
- It helps parents understand and think about their child in a different light